Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tribute of the Mother's Day Variety

None of us would be here without our moms. I mean that literally...it's physically impossible for us to have been born without a mother.
Other than that, though, it's also impossible for us to be where we are today without a maternal figure in our lives. I've been blessed with a fantastic mom. Of course we have our differences at times, but we enjoy a much deeper relationship than most daughters can claim.
My life right now is a direct result of my mom's influence. She was the first person on either side of my family to become a Christian and without that occurrence, I wouldn't have gone to church when I was little. I wouldn't have heard that sermon when I was five, the day I decided to accept Christ into my heart. I wouldn't have grown up in an environment powered by Mom that encouraged me to make decisions based on what God wanted for my life.
When I was five years old, my mom almost died from an extremely serious illness. Those times were intense, but she's still kicking and at a greatly force than ever before...and completely healed too!
She's silly, she's weird, she's beautiful, she's funny, and I love her more than anyone can even know.

Long story short, it's a good thing Mom's in my life. And I'll never stop praising the Lord for putting (and keeping) her here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment