Friday, March 4, 2011

Inspiration

It seems only appropriate to make my first post about one of the most important ingredients in constructing a story, poem, or any media of art.

If there's anything I've learned, it's that inspiration can come in any form and from anywhere. My most recent story idea came from a mystery artist from England named Banksy who appeared in an independent film and was sending his fans on a scavenger hunt all over L.A. in the days leading up to the Oscar award show. Stranger than fiction right?

Another source of inspiration can come from history. That's right, our very own history. I'm constantly getting whispers from a muse in the middle of my college history classes. The unexplained colony on Roanoke Island. Gladiatorial games in Ancient Rome. People are people no matter what era they're from and as always, react with powerful emotions and interesting drama.

I like to collect my ideas into a journal or clip out newspaper articles that I think are interesting and could provide a good plot or solid characters later on.

Sorry for such a short blog entry, more to come! I promise! :) Until then, keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment